Saturday, February 11, 2023

The Trunk Room Nears Its Finishing Touches

I was commemorating the completion of the wooden floor in the Trunk Room by taking a lot of photos with dramatic lighting for my own amusement when I decided that instead of stalling, it was best to work on the door jamb.
The bottom of the door opening looked like this before I added the door jamb. Because the door opening was a bit higher than the floor, it would have to be part of a step I was planning on building soon.
I added the door jambs inside, and here is a photo of that (they are not glued in yet).
The doorway was very crooked and I didn't particulary want to sand it down, so I glued in the door jamb and just put pieces of wood underneath the pieces of the door jamb to straighten them.
In this image you can really see how painfully crooked the door jamb was before I straightened it.
After I had finished the door jamb and had added the door trim around it, I had to add the step. The above photo is what the door looked like without the step in place (I also like how you can see the dollhouse through the door opening).
I added a small piece of trim right above where the tiny step would be.
Above is the finished step. It is very small, for it is just meant to ensure you do not have to take a very large step down when entering the trunk room. Oh! And do you remember the gap between the wainscotting and the floorboards I was having trouble with in the post before?
Well, I finally fixed it!
And also, thank you for staying with me till the end of this long and most likely very boring posts (door jambs only go so far to stir up people's excitements, I know 😀).
In my next post I will be onto decorating the trunk room! Hooray! Thank you for reading!

2 comments:

  1. You are a magician! The room looks polished and ready to be the lovely background for many amazing minis! Love the diagonal floorboards and the step up adds the mystery and detail in mini rooms that we all drool over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Jodi,
      Thank you! I'm very pleased with the transformation myself, and I'm glad you think so too!
      Julia

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate your encouragement!
Currently, to prevent spam, all of your comments are sent to me first. I will be as quick as I can to post them and reply. Thanks for your patience!
Julia