Saturday, February 4, 2023

Work Continues In The Trunk Room

As work has been progressing very slowly on Lockwood Manor, my goal for this month of February was to complete at least one room. Because I was almost finished with the Trunk Room, I decided it was a good place to start and laid the floor.
The floor before.
Nearly finished!
And done. Well, it looked fine - except for one thing.
There was a very small gap between the wainscotting and the floorboards. It was too small to make another floorboard to fit, so I had to brainstorm another solution. I could put a piece of grating in that corner, but I didn't have anything that small. I put that on hold for the moment to work on a door.
I drew a rough outline of the door, then cut it out.
It is too thin to be an actual door, so I will add some strip wood to the sides of it to make panelling, which should help some.
This is what the door looks like inside the Trunk Room.
While I have put the Trunk Room on hold for the time being until I figure out how to fix the floorboards, I have a few projects that I'm working on that I will post about soon, so stay tuned!
The view into the North Attic Bedroom from the door, which is what it would look like if Lockwood Manor was a real house (rather unrealistic head proportions, I know). Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate your encouragement!
Currently, to prevent spam, all of your comments are sent to me first. I will be as quick as I can to post them and reply. Thanks for your patience!
Julia