Saturday, December 17, 2022

More Progress on the North Attic Bedroom

As I last posted, there was a gap between the roof that was connected to the Nursery, and the roof that connected to Anthea's Room.
Today I set about fixing it.
When the two room boxes were pressed together, you could see a gap.
A piece of wood that was knocking into the knee wall seemed to be causing the problem, so I decided to pull it off.
However, even after I had pulled it off, there was still a gap between the two room boxes.
The gap was even more noticable between the roof (I apologize for the blurry image).
From the back of the dollhouse (please ignore the crayon/marker mess, the person I got the boxes from had a child who stored markers in them), the gap between the boxes was still visible. Because of this, I assumed that the piece of wood I pulled off hadn't been causing the entire problem.
Pulling the boxes apart, I saw the piece of wood I had glued onto the roof that was connected to Anthea's room. It was glued on very sloppily - I don't remember the story behind that!
I pulled the piece of wood off, and off came a piece of wallpaper. That was fine because unbelievably, it appeared that the piece of wood had been glued on sideways, causing the roof connecting to the Nursery to be pushed away.
Yes! The boxes meet!
The roof pieces meet up too! There is still a small gap, but I think that is my fault when I glued in the roof. It will be covered by trim anyway. I still have to create the wall that will have the door, and hopefully I will be able to post about that soon! But for now, happy holidays and have a wonderful winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate your encouragement!
Currently, to prevent spam, all of your comments are sent to me first. I will be as quick as I can to post them and reply. Thanks for your patience!
Julia