Friday, December 23, 2022

Fixing Things Up For Christmas

I've got some cheerful music playing in the background, a few snow flurries are falling from the sky, the fireplace is lit, and I thought it was about time to fix a few things up around the dollhouse so it could at least look slightly more presentable for the holidays.
Because of all the gusty winds we've been having at Lockwood Manor, a slate tile fell off of the roof. As that is the side of the dollhouse you first see, I had to fix it first.
Much better! Next came the subject of redoing the ceiling in the servant's room, which I had rather sloppily painted a year ago as a temporary fix.
I started to add wood panelling to the ceiling. I was worried that for some reason it would end up looking like a floor on a ceiling, so I decided to lay the pieces of wood vertically instead of horizontally.
The work progressed quickly, even though it was rather tedious, and pretty soon I finished it.
I still need to add trim on the sides of the boxes (you can see that I've layed the trim for the bottom), but I have to wait until I've finished the attic room above it. If anybody has any ideas of what the attic room could be, I'd love if you could write it into the comments.
I also added little clothes into the drawers!
For some reason I really like this image. By the way, the poster for 'Jazz Wear' came from a sticker book about 1920s fashion. I figured it was appropriate for Lockwood Manor, so I hung it up.
Next, I endlessly glued down planks of wood to make the floor in the North Attic Bedroom. It was enjoyable once I got into the flow of it. I'm not sure if you can see, but the nail dots that I've added to the boards are made with a pencil tip.
I made a door for the attic, and installed it. Although it took me a few times to get the hinges right, I finally was able to and the door actually swings!
I also installed trim in Anthea's Room. The roomboxes aren't really finished in my opinion until you add trim to hide the messy edges.
Thus concludes fixing up the dollhouse for Christmas! Happy holidays, everybody!

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate your encouragement!
Currently, to prevent spam, all of your comments are sent to me first. I will be as quick as I can to post them and reply. Thanks for your patience!
Julia