Friday, December 30, 2022

Contemplating the Library

If I wanted to be very outrageous, I could have a Formal Library and then a Informal Library. Considering that at this point, the size and ambition of Lockwood Manor is pretty outrageous, I think it's a pretty good idea. Also, there is a good reason to have two libraries (even if I have to make around a thousand mini-books), the formal one would be built to impress, and the informal one would be built to, well, read in. I spend a lot of my time looking at pictures of old houses, and quite often it is the photos of the libraries that I am drawn to. The large ones are extremely impressive, and the smaller ones are very cosy. I wanted to have both an impressive and a cosy library in Lockwood Manor, but I thought that it would be better not to have one library that was both impressive and cosy, but rather two libraries.
The above room may become the Informal Library, or something else. It certainly looks like it is full of potential! Now, I shall have to go to search for some inspiration. . . (You must excuse the extremely short post, as I found this hidden in my drafts the other day, and thought that it was a good idea to finish it up and post it. I haven't made any progress on the libraries yet, but hopefully that will change very soon!) In the meantime, happiest new year! I hope 2023 is a wonderful year for you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate your encouragement!
Currently, to prevent spam, all of your comments are sent to me first. I will be as quick as I can to post them and reply. Thanks for your patience!
Julia