Monday, January 2, 2023

Onwards With Mr. Messenger's Study

I began to work on Mr. Messenger's Study today.
I wanted the ceiling to be something more interesting than the usual white, so I chose to have it gold.
I didn't have any wallpaper glue, and I was eager to get started anyway, so I decided to use Tacky Glue. I was a bit nervous, as I wasn't sure what it would be like to glue down wallpaper (or in this case, ceiling paper) with it.
I constructed the fireplace wall using sturdy cardboard and pieces of wood as braces.
The fireplace I made out of wood, which I stained a nice brown. I had a bag with a Safari theme, and I decided that Mr. Messenger was a well-traveled gentleman, so I would be using lots of images from the bag as paintings on his walls.
There was a nice border on the bottom of the wall (please excuse the glare), and I thought it would make a nice wallpaper border.
The wallpaper was one that I found on cider12's website (cider12.com). It was exactly how I had envisioned the wallpaper to look, which was a lucky break for me, as normally I can never find wallpaper that matches the one I imagine.
Here is a mock-up of how Mr. Messenger's study will look once the wallpaper and the fireplace is installed. I can't wait to see how the room looks when it is completed! I hope you had a wonderful New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate your encouragement!
Currently, to prevent spam, all of your comments are sent to me first. I will be as quick as I can to post them and reply. Thanks for your patience!
Julia