Thursday, November 3, 2022

On the Subject of Servant's Rooms - Yet Again

If you'll pardon the lengthy introduction, while I was rummaging through my email I was rewarded with an old email sent about a year ago, with plans for the wallpaper of the servant's rooms. And noted there were even the names for the servants: Sara, Sally, Bessie, and two unamed servants (poor them!). The idea for the servant's rooms, if I recall, was to have them be matching, but not quite; matching wallpaper stripes, but in different shades of brown, matching layout for bed, washstand, etc. I'm still quite fond of the idea, I'll admit, for I liked the thought of having about five matching servant rooms but each with their own personal touches so one could see how they differed. I seemed to have been going through quite an obsession with the wallpaper "Annabelle Stripe" from Itsy Bitsy mini, for my selections were all different shades of the same wallpaper. I also, in that email, had made a note to myself to order them in 1:24 scale, not 1:12, so the stripe would be smaller. I still love the idea for the matching servant's rooms - so I thought, why not?
Ah, how I love plans! I'm going to put this project on hold for a bit - I already have a lot going on in the Manor, and I also have to complete a few rooms before I work on new ones! Besides, the back part of the dollhouse will need to be constructed before I can begin work on these servant's rooms, but in a few years, maybe I'll have these completed. Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate your encouragement!
Currently, to prevent spam, all of your comments are sent to me first. I will be as quick as I can to post them and reply. Thanks for your patience!
Julia