Saturday, September 10, 2022

The Philadelphia Story (in my dollhouse!)

One of my favorite movies is The Philadelphia Story, from 1940, with Katharine Hepburn, Cary Grant, Jimmy Stewart and Ruth Hussey. It's a wonderful movie - very well acted, good plot, etc. Also - the house in the movie is fabulous! I drew some inspiration from it - the grand rooms, for instance! I highly recommend that you watch it - you'll love it! Now, about the dollhouse: If, let's say, you were only two or three inches high and could fit inside my dollhouse, you'd walk through the nonexistent-front door, and enter the hallway. It's enourmous - and unfinished. But let's imagine. The walls are strung with paintings, a rich red wallpaper, and an enourmous archway at the end of the room, leading into another beautiful room behind. On one side of the hallway is a door in the middle of two enourmous green and black marble columns - very grand. Opening that door would lead to the enourmous ballroom, with the intricate parquet adorning the floor. Oh, how I wish! But it might take a few more years to get to that point :-) So far none of the grand rooms are completed (or even started - except for the Music Room), as I'm summoning the courage to do it. Please come, courage! Back to The Philadelphia Story. In my dollhouse, I have a miniature poster of it, in Anthea's Room.
I wish I had an original in my house, too. . . As Robert Young used to say on Good News of 1939,
"Go to the movies, and take the family with you!"
Goodbye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate your encouragement!
Currently, to prevent spam, all of your comments are sent to me first. I will be as quick as I can to post them and reply. Thanks for your patience!
Julia