Monday, September 26, 2022

Bits of This and That

I haven't much to show in the way of progress, but I do have some things to show you, such as George's Bathroom. I don't recall if I mentioned it before, but I figured if George's room will be on the third or second floor, whereas his siblings will inhabit the fourth floor, he might need his own bathroom.
Yes, above is George's bathroom. . . hopefully I will be able to show some progress in it soon! I find it difficult to locate good bathroom sets for dollhouses, they're either too expensive or not the style I would prefer. And they're also never custom fit - very difficult to find ones that will fit your specific dollhouse bathroom! So, against my better judgement, I decided to make my own. If I had a 3d printer, I'd print them, and if I had a Cricut Maker, I'd find a way to make them using that. Having neither, I decided it was a hit-and-miss situation, so what can go wrong? A lot will, probably, so bear with me. So far I just have a placeholder in place for the bathtub - it's a little short, I think, and not long enough, but what's your opinion?
I decided to have an orange theme, to go with the green bedroom. . . but I might change my mind, I'll have to see.
And here are three adorable turtles that are making their way across George's room. I'm trying to get some ideas to fill up the shelves in his room, and I do have some very nice 1930s magazines that I got for my birthday, but a ten year old having 'Vogue' or 'Good Housekeeping' in his bedroom seems a bit odd. But I'm sure their some other (older) inhabitant in my dollhouse will be thrilled to have them! :-) Maybe a few strewn around the reception room, so guests can pick them up while waiting for the Lockwoods to make their way to them!
And here is where I decided to pull the wall forward a bit, to create a space for more windows. The room with white walls is the scullery, and above it is the Billiard's room. The two rooms that were pulled forward are the Butler's Pantry and George's bathroom, which are not where they will end up. (Now that I write that, I think George's bathroom might possibly.)
Here is an image of the Grand Staircase. The "carpet" on it is just paper, I'm waiting until I find a more suitable fabric. I will need to have some paintings around it, I'm thinking on basing it off of the Entrance of Hillwood Estate. (For those who don't know, Hillwood is a beautiful house in Washington D.C.).
I also made a couple more trunks for the Trunk room. I'm going to have to make quite a few more before it starts to fill up!
And here is the beginning of the Music Room in Lockwood Manor. It's located next to the Reception room. I made the pianos myself, which was quite a fun job. I made the light colored one first, so there are a few defects in it, but I had so much fun making it I decided to make the second.
And there is the north end of Lockwood Manor, with the Servant's Entrance at the very bottom, George's Room on top, an unidentified room on top of that, and then the Nursery. Have a good day! Signing off with an interesting sepia photo of my dollhouse that I took a while ago. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate your encouragement!
Currently, to prevent spam, all of your comments are sent to me first. I will be as quick as I can to post them and reply. Thanks for your patience!
Julia