Sunday, September 25, 2022

Beginning Work on the Grand Entrance Hall

Today work begins on the Grand Entrance Hall! Because it is one's first impression (if you were a doll, that is) when you enter the house, I want it to be very, very, very grand.
That's the entrance I'll be working with.
This will be the entrance to the ballroom, marked by very grand pillars, which are actually children's building blocks. I will have to add a little height to them, of course.
This arch will lead into the reception hall, where the Lockwood will greet guests.
There is some space between the pillars and the ceiling, which will allow for pediments on the top and bottom. I am thinking about a green or black marble for these, to complement the red entrance hall. (That is, it will be red eventually, unless I change my mind.)
A very mysterious photo of the rug that will be laid in the entrance. . .
Well, here is my before picture! I wonder what the after will look like. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate your encouragement!
Currently, to prevent spam, all of your comments are sent to me first. I will be as quick as I can to post them and reply. Thanks for your patience!
Julia