Thursday, October 20, 2022

The Current Servant's Quarters

Well. . . . I thought today that I would take the time to complain about how dreadfully slow I am to work on the servant's rooms in my dollhouse. Today I have approximatly four finished. Yes, four. That might not sound too bad, but out of about thirteen or so, I'm afraid it is. The ones that I do have finished, however, used to be five until I went through the entire process of ripping out the servant's entrance. Don't worry about that, for I'm almost done with the staircase and have printed out replacement wallpaper! I will follow up with a post on how that's going. But for the servant's rooms that are indeed finished, includes:
The Scullery I chose the black-and-white image because you've already seen the color one, and I was having fun playing around with Google Photos.
Servant's Bedroom The bedroom of whom, is the question, but I do not have the answer.
The Butler's Pantry I think it needs something on the back wall! Keep in mind that the photo is outdated, it looks much better now.
Sara's Bedroom The bedroom belonging to Sara, the maid, who once had a very elaborate backstory behind her that I wrote up - I'll see if I can find it. I should really work on more of the servant's rooms. . . I Love Lucy, here I come! I'm afraid that lots of posts here may be about the servant's and their quarters, for they have been neglected for the past year - it's time for that to change! And I mentioned Sara's elaborate backstory - something about her aunt Mildred who kicked her out of her house and sent her to find work somewhere else, I believe! Hopefully the servant's rooms will be expanding soon - until then, stay safe and well!
The nursery all lit up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate your encouragement!
Currently, to prevent spam, all of your comments are sent to me first. I will be as quick as I can to post them and reply. Thanks for your patience!
Julia